Friday, January 12, 2007

Top 5 reasons to be a MP in Sri Lanka

5. You only have to make an appearance in parliament a few times a month
4. I can shout and hurl abuse at people I dont like under the pretext of debating important national issues in the sure knowledge that no one can sue my ass.
3. Subsidised food! (And not the crap we get at university..! Rumour sayeth that buriyani is on the menu!
2. The Power! The prestige! The fame!
1. The fact that all MPs in Sri Lanka got a 145% salary increase! (so I got a friend to do the calculations!)

But seriously check this out:
Increased salaries
Prime Minister & ministers From Rs.34000.00 to Rs.71500.00
Speaker From Rs.31000.00 to Rs.68500.00
Leader of the opposition From Rs.29815.00 to Rs.65000.00
Deputy Minister From Rs.28750.00 to Rs.63500.00
Member of Parliament From Rs.22100.00 to Rs.54285.00

I kid you not! Read the BBC Article!

And all of a sudden I'm all for the President calling for early elections! Where do I sign up dammit???

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, which BBC article?

Anonymous said...

I say this thesis must really be dead if this woman is posting unrelated stuff...

Anonymous said...

get a life mr.rajapakse...your a 1st class rotter if ever there was one

Susan Bell said...

It is pretty hard task but your post and experience serve and teach me how to handle and make it more simple and manageable.
Thanks for the tips… Best regards.
writing a dissertation

Susan Bell said...

It is pretty hard task but your post and experience serve and teach me how to handle and make it more simple and manageable.
Thanks for the tips… Best regards.
writing a dissertation

Susan Bell said...

It is pretty hard task but your post and experience serve and teach me how to handle and make it more simple and manageable.
Thanks for the tips… Best regards.
writing a dissertation