Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Help???

ok I actually took a day off work and read all the articles that I would download from time to time in a pathetic effort to make myself feel I was actually doing something...
I think I have some good stuff out there, but I have a few questions... can anyone help?
* Is there a good site (apart from Wiki) where I can get a good detailed chronology of the popularity of blogging? Thats the only piece of info I feel I'm lacking at the moment with regards to my first chapter.
* I'm seeing a lot of variation with regards to the definition of a weblog... some definitions like in Rebecca's pocket www.rebeccablood.net/essays/weblog_history.html make a distinction between the blog and the online diary. Does anyone know if this is still accepted? Are there any recently posted definitions of a blog? I have a few, but a few more couldn't hurt..!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha!
Hi Ayesha...good to see you're actually working on it! Good luck...and I hope everything is going well for everyone.
Oh, And No, I don't know anything about blogging, sorry.
You're welcome.

Nanda.

Ayeshea said...

sigh...

Anonymous said...

Hey Ayeshea! I found you asking for help & came here. Damn I can't view ya blog well with firy (Firefox). Your theme is da problem I guess.Found the link to comments after highlighting the stuff :).

Scourge (Skûrj) said...

Fix for the firefox compatibility problem is with your template layout. You can either change it or refresh the template. It's got buggered somewhere.

As for the blogger history bit, run with WikiPedia. They are accurate and global. Also, blogs started off as online diaries where you simply write down your thoughts etc. Today it's different. Bloggers make the New York Times change what they say. Bloggers come out with election results even before the TV stations... Bloggers are truly Free Media.

You can also find more details on Indi's Blog. He's written stuff about blogging.

Ayeshea said...

Thanks!!!!